When your classmates wrinkled their noses at the scent of your lunch still lingering on your clothes,
Even though their ancestors had conquered half the world in search of the spices you ate.
How they jeered at your mother’s bindi, making crude jokes about how ridiculous it looked on her,
And after ten years, how they all wore the exact same ornament on their own foreheads to keep up with the current trends.
When they repeatedly stumbled over the sharp letters which formed your name, forcing you to repeat yourself several times before giving up;
Only to have those very letters tattooed on their own flesh, in a language they do not comprehend.
Your culture belongs to you,
Not to them.
"There are only a handful of top-level, professionally trained models of color at a particular level out there now" - Francisco Costa
me: here is your professionally trained white model Kendall Jenner
girls don’t like boys, girls like halloween and mark ruffalo’s tumblr account
I like Halloween and Tumblr, too.
- Ferguson protests aren’t over. Here’s why they picked up again this week.
- Last night’s protests (storify)
- Officers “preparing for the worst” if Darren Wilson is not indicted
- DOJ tells Ferguson, STL Co. cops to ban “I Am Darren Wilson” wristbands and says they need to wear name tags (Wristband letter) (Name tag letter) (storify)
- Time for MO’s Supreme Court to enter the Ferguson fray
- 5 things about covering Ferguson
- Tef Poe: “Hip Hop is failing us”
if you think embarrassing shy people on purpose is funny please do yourself a favor and shove a truck up your ass
i want someone who’s never seen b99 to explain this screencap
is this live action cowboy bebop